Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My co-worker has a cat, 20 years old, that is now eating very little. She is losing weight and starting to have kidney problems. We were talking today about what things she could fee her to entice her to eat. She told that when she thinks she has found something the cat will eat, she won't eat it the next day. She has tried meat baby food, liver, chicken necks and some other things that are homemade. Is there anything else I could suggest to her? I'm afraid it may be this kitty's time to go over the bridge, but I know my co-worker wants to give her every chance to get better.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Will she drink? Could she have Kitten milk or a gravy (like in the nutro pouches)? Maybe chewing just takes too much effort. I don't think the kitten milk would hurt her...but I don't really know.

·
Registered
19 Posts
has she had the vet check her? My other cat Died from Thyroid problems.. She went from being 7 pounds to less than 4 in a months time. There really wasnt much we could do for her, she was already 20.. maybe 21..

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, she has gone to the vet. I don't know exactly what her condition is, but they can't do anything about it until she puts on some weight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts