Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Say a prayer for my co-workers cat George. He ran out the door this weekend. My co worker chased after him for quite some time but she lost him. She said he's never tried to get out the door before. :(
She said she couldn't talk about it today or else she'd start crying. I know she was going to shelter again today to look and see if he was there.

On a related note, when I was taking out the trash, Justin ran out into the breezeway of my apartment. He went about 5 feet, then stopped. I rushed him back inside. He also ran out onto the balcony when I stepped out. He's getting quick! Should I stomp when going in or out to get him away from the door? It's only when I'm going out that he gets close to the door. I just don't want him rushing out and need to curb this behavior.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just don't think I can keep him out of the whole living room/dining room/kitchen area. :( He cries and scratches when put into another room. Of course, he and Stormy will be put up when we are moving and the door will be open often.
AND this is another reason why I'm glad that my new apartment complex will not come in with out my permission. Justin probably wouldn't try that trick with someone strange in the apartment, but you never know.
However, I was really excited the other night when David and I had 4 people over and within 5 minutes Justin was coming back into the room to "hang out" with everyone, letting strangers pet him. He was more friendly than Stormy! It is amazing how much he's come out of his shell. Of course, I'm sure he wouldn't have done that had I not been there, but still.
Thanks for the link Jeanie.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts