Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
I have been following this almost on Court TV. He confessed to killing the family when he was 14, so there was no doubt about his guilt. However, he had been beaten. ridiculed, worked excessively, and abused the whole time he lived with his father. The last straw was when the father tried to force him into fornication with his stepmother. He got away and hid. The next day he killed them.

The question is..'was he guilty of manslaughter or murder, or self-defense?' I missed the verdict today when I got company. Everyone who knew the family well testified that he was abused daily, physically, emotinally, and sexually. He was all but a prisoner on that ranch.

I was hoping he would be sent to juvenile detention for intense counseling. Otherwise, it will be a lifetime in jail. This was no spoiled brat who wanted his own way. I think he was pushed beyond his limits as a teen. He was not a "Menendez type."

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't seen it on Court TV at all, but since it's local we have gotten lots of news coverage here.
There are contradictory statements by people who knew the family. Some say the abuse was real, others say it was made up at most or embellished at least.
I think what got to a lot of people was that they thought the way he disposed of the bodies showed some thought.
I honestly haven't followed the story closely enough to really know what to think.
The people here are very divided and it basically all comes down to if you believe the abuse or not.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Yes, that's the key. For the first time, I have seen Court TV almost totally siding with the accused. I was shocked. Most are former prosecutors, and tend to side with the prosecution. I don't think I have ever seen an innocent verdict on Court TV. I hadn't watched it for a couple of years, because, regardless of the evidence, or lack thereof, every defendant was found guilty. (except OJ) This case caught my eye because of Cody's age.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts