Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Midnight, the stray cat that lives under my porch up here in Minnesota. Although he has an insulated house under there and another one (with a heating pad) in the garage for blizzards, and extreme stuff, he still prefers to roam at night even in the winter. Here he is in a photo from yesterday, sunning himself on top of a trash can on the South Side of the garage - a favorite spot. Temperature at the time of the photo? 6 degrees below zero!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is his second winter here with us. He just has no problem with the cold. If he is in the garage when we go to bed on a below zero night, we lock him in for the night (he has a litter box in there). I give him his snack of deli beef with his food at about 5 am, let him out, and away he goes. I have actually seen him WITH the local foxes at night. When he first showed up it was in the summer and his coat was mangy and his ears were ragged. Purina Cat Chow is his staple, and how his coat is very thick and healthy. I just wonder about his history.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is Bon Jovi - a wild cat (named by my young granddaughter) that I fed under the porch quite a while ago for a total of 8 years. I made an insulated shelter for him under there but he never used it. After he ate he left and stayed somewhere in the woods at night. In all those years he would never let me touch him. I would put a dish in front of him touching his whiskers, but if I reached to pet him, he would hiss at me. One can only imagine the mistreatment he suffered as a kitten.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts