Cat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not certain but I'm pretty sure my one cat has chronic colitis. Since we got her as a kitten she has had diareah. It is rare that she has a solid poo. It seemed to get worse after she was spayed at 6 months(she is 14 months now). She was de wormed a million times, the vet did fecal and blood tests and found nothing. She was put on anti biotics, steroids and giving vitamin shots. None of it helped. She was put on a prescription gastro diet. That didn't help either. We tried grain free dry , didn't work, grain free wet only, that didn't work and we even tried raw for a bit which made it worse.

It's not dietary. When we moved she had the best poo of her life. It was hard and dark brown. Normally it's watery piled of light brown water that smells horrible... When it's particularly bad she will have Mucas dripping from her bum(yuck!). We had a stress collar on her and thought that's why it went away. We took It off and it came back. So we bought another one thinking it would help but this time It didnt.

She's very skittish so she is startled by everything and I think she is said when we are at work all day. She runs up to me purring and rolling around when I get home. She has two other cats to play with so I don't know what her problem is. I dont know if this can be solved or she is going to have it do life but she has horrible gas constantly and the litter box is so foul all the time.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts