Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posting this because last month we could potentially have lost Dylan due to his collar.

I don't know exactly how he managed it, but he came in and his collar didn't look quite right. I tried to take it off (it's a quick release one so should have come off really easily) but it was completely jammed and I could not get it open. I have no idea how he jammed it, but the only reason I didn't have to cut it off was because my stepdad was around and was able to wrench the collar open for me. Ideally Dylan wouldn't be wearing a collar but he has to in order to warn people that he is on a special diet (due to tummy troubles) and should not be allowed access to other food.

Moral of this story: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE for your cat/s sake/s, please check your cats collars daily to make sure they don't jam!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wow, thanks for the warning. I have breakaway collars on my cats and the yseem to work pretty well, except one is a bit looser than the other so Cruncher is always finding a way to take hers off!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts