Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:

I posted on this on the emergency board also. I'm desperate to keep from having to have my cats leg amputated due to a spider bite that has killed half of his foot.

I am trying colloidal silver as I've read it works wonderfully at killing infections and I'm hoping it stops the erosion of his foot and he won't have to have his leg amputated.

He is on Baytril and Anarole orally.

Any suggestions, advice, etc., anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated.

God bless

·
Registered
98 Posts
I took Collodial Silver for years to help stop my Kidney Infections, but it was more of a preventative measure than anything, i don't know if it would help something this severe. I'm not a professional though.

·
Registered
209 Posts
dang, that's awful! it does sound like a brown recluse bite. i don't know anything about colloidal silver, but maybe dr. jean will pop in and have some ideas for you.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hmmm, I know colloidal silver works well for infection (my sinus infections are no more, thanks to regular dosing), but my guess is the deterioration you are seeing is probably due to some reaction to the spider's venom.

I assume a vet has prescribed the Baytril and Anarole? Why don't you run the silver past him/her and get a professional opinion? Either way, it sounds like you need to consult the vet about the issue.

Peace,
Mike

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

I have been in touch with the vet on a daily basis. The vet I spoke with today, (mine is out of town) suggested I continue with the colloidal silver and to soak the paw in Novasan discenfectant. He said to continue with the antibiotics and the other things and give it time. As long as Bear is eating well, continue with what I'm doing and I might possibly be able to save the foot. He also prescribed some pain medication to take the edge off when I'm doing the soaks. He seems to be experiencing some pain with that.

Thanks for everyone's feedback. This is how I learn to take the best possible care of my babies!!

·
Banned
1,014 Posts
I'm so sorry this is happening to your kitty. I don't have any information or advice, but I just wanted to wish you and your kitty good luck! Is it a fore or hind leg?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fore leg

Hi;

The the right front paw. By the way, it seems to be a bit better tonight. I gave him a quarter of a pain pill before I tried to do the soak and it seems to help. He let me soak it a whole minute!! After it dries I'll put the colloidal silver on. He's doing well otherwise, i.e., eating well, wanting to be loved on, etc. I'm hopeful we'll be able to save this foot and avoid amputation.

Thanks to everyone for your support and help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts