Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading online about how some people think that the color of their cat has a lot to do with their behavior. The website I found was spot-on about my two boys' behavior. I have a gray and white bicolor maine coon and the website said these are usually good mousers, less affectionate. Then I read about my brown tabby and white maine coon and it said they are more affectionate and vocal.

What do you guys think? I thought it was pretty interesting!

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
I'm always very interested in this topic too, but people seem to think breed more than color may help determine personality. I just know that every male orange kitty I've ever encountered has been a total lovebug, including my little expressive Murphy. A friend who used to be a vet tech thinks that's more because they're boys rather than orange, but who knows?

·
Banned
95 Posts
i like this thread. i had an orange male and he was the sweetest most loving cat i ever had.

i also read that torties are known for their attitude, and hyperactivity.

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
I think it is like horoscopes and fortune cookies...if you try hard enough, you can *make* it fit your situation.
I've had many cats of many colors and IMO the only thing consistent about cats, is their inconsistency. Each cat is an individual and I could not classify them behaviorally into specific groups based on color alone; as if solid black kitties were different from b/w tuxedo kitties, different from dilute kitties, tabbies, pointeds, torties, spotteds, long/short hair, et cetera....
heidi =^..^=

·
Banned
95 Posts
haha thats so funny... tortitude i love it.

i am going to school to be a vet tech.. and one of my teachers who is a veterinarian always told me to watch out for those torties...she said they are all attitude haha (she had 2 at home :wink )

·
Super Moderator
26,359 Posts
I know it's common for Siamese and certain other breeds, but I've noticed a lot of black kitties are "talkers" - and Cleo's my only kitty who talks. And talks and talks and talks..... :D

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I have an orange love bug :luv

What about gray cats? If I went by Lil'Fella, it would mean that gray cats have attitude, but also can be loving when they feel like it.

Black and white cats always have seemed very proud and regal to me, and they act like they know it.

White cats... hm... quirky with anxiety problems? (My Magneto) LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts