Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a terrible time getting online and getting to the forum. I got a message that someone was spying on me. They had changed my home address under tools, internet options. I ran Spybot and put my address back. I think Yahoo is trying to take over.

It seemed to be all right last night, but today, I got a message that a program called n.case had accidentally been deleted, and that I needed it. I went to the address given, www.180solutions.com, but it seems that this is just advertisements. I think I've been scammed. I'll try to run Spybot again, but I might be online sporadically. I have tried to get on for 2 hours this evening. If anyone has a suggestion for me, please let me know! Thanks. I was online for a while this A.M., but then the announcement about n.case came up. This computer is slow anyway, and netzero (the paid version) is terrible, so this is just an added problem. I'm so frustrated! I answered ONE email and checked a few posts, and that's all I've accomplished since morning! Suggestions?

I think I'll run Spybot again. I'm having trouble doing that too, though.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Looks like you have some annoying spyware on your machine.

This site explains what n.case is pretty thoroughly, but the removal instructions could stand to be more specific.

This web site does a much better job explaining how to remove the problem, but not-so-good of a job explaining what it is.

Good luck! I'll try to answer any other questions that you may have.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about all your trouble Jeanie! I know it is so frustrateing. I hope you get it fixed, good luck!

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I finally got on. It took me almost all day, but I can now access my e-mail and the site! Before, it took me literally hours to get TO my e-mail! It took forever to run Spybot. I started to download the program you recommended, Rob, and it was 95% downloaded when I got cut off. GRRRRRR! But Spybot finally corrected the problem. Whew! :roll:

The best part of all of this is that the first post I read was Rodiron saying that he got some help, and the rest of the cats will be cared for! That meant so much to me. Lilly, thanks for the support! Who would have believed he would turn into a good guy? :D

Sorry I wasn't here to help everyone. :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts