Cat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
catman, I think we could use a forum for computer questions. I think you'll find it would be quite busy. People like you, Rob, and Mike and other computer whizzes could help the "computer impaired"--like me! I know I'm not alone.

Sometimes new members have never belonged to a forum before and don't know how to use the features you have built in--bold print, underlining, etc. It takes a while to get used to a forum, especially if you know only the bare basics. There was a forum like that at another site and there were always questions. For example, I had a spy last week. I knew what to do this time because it happened before, but both times I kept blaming it on this antique computer I use, and then I saw a printed warning-or I would have probably sent this thing to the shop-again. :roll:

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's good. :) Let us know when it's ready for questions. I didn't know about it. That's weird. Well, not so weird. One of our members is having problems with her computer and is wondering if the hacker did it. :(

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
What a great idea! I'm with you, Jeanie, pretty computer-knowledge impaired. :oops:
If it weren't for my husband, I wouldn't even have an avatar or a picture in the gallery. Notice I only have one picture. :roll:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Computer forum

It's a great idea, I'm so glad its in the pipline :)
I am useless with computers as you can probably tell from mylow-tech postings!

seahell

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hmmm, I am not sure about Apple Green... :shock: I may end up switching back to the good, ol' standby, subSilver.

I'll start swinging by to see what forums you are going to set up.

Peace,
Mike

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Applegreen? Subsilver? ))) :oops: (See that? Mike has added a new language to his repertoire! ) How about this swinging, catman? Do we use a vine or what? :wink: (Maybe it has religious connotations--like Swing Low, Sweet Chariot. I hope it's a chariot!)

Well, now you know how computer impaired I really am. :cry:

·
Registered
550 Posts
<taking Janie by the hand>

C'mon Jeanie, let's click on the following link -

http://www.computingchat.com

and then we can see what Apple Green is all about. And learn ALL about how our confusers, errr, excuse me, our computers work. Oh, by the way, according to my schedule, you are teaching the first class...

=_

Peace,
Mike

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I did it. I went to http://www.computingchat.com , and I saw apple green. Very nice shade of green. ( What that has to do with computers, I don't know!)

Be assured that I will be prepared to teach the first class. It will teach people how to write a post, including underlining, writing in color, and separating paragraphs with a space. Very intellectual stuff! :wink:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Is Apple green a subliminal message to all of you to buy a Macintosh instead of a PC? ;)

If anyone have problems with their Mac, I can help. I've been doing support on Macintosh and Mac OS for many years. I currently run Mac OS 10.3.4 and I recommend it for anyone with a Macintosh (well, I do reommend to switch too, but that's another discussion).

So PM me if you have a Mac problem!

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll bet you'd be useful at catman's new forum. I was teasing, of course, but the background is apple green. I used the Apple when teaching, but that was a while ago. I've been using a PC for several years now!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts