Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cat is about 4.5 years old, male. Recently, he has had some brownish-black-snotty-booger like things come out, get stuck on and dry up, right on the outside of his nostrils. Also, sometimes, he breathes like he has a stuffed nose. However, it doesn't seem to be like a cold cause these breathing episodes last for less than a minute, usually after he wakes up, or is nervous about something (like someone petting him, when he is not in the "mood", or just general extra commotion). Everything else is fine though, he is energetic, eats (wet and dry), drinks, litter box stuff, all perfect. (He vomints like once or twice a month, but I don't think its related). Should this be cause for concern?

·
Registered
697 Posts
Gee this sounds alot like Straymute's thread and what their orange tabby symptoms. Also in the thread there's a link of pictures with such description of a brownish and dry "booger". Take a look at that thread maybe there is information on there that can help?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked at that thread before, and my cats nose doesn't look nearly as bad. Its not on his nose, its coming out of it. Plus his nose is cold and moist, and he has no fever, and is as "playful" as usual. Thanks for the suggestion though.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
My herpes boy has this all the time. Doesn't seem to bother him. I think what happens is there's a very slight watery nasal discharge that then gets all gunked up with dust and stuff as it dries. They've been much worse lately since we've had massive amounts of dust following a post-forest-fire mudslide down the middle of the street. I just pick 'em out periodically.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

1 - 5 of 5 Posts