Cat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined to seek the opinions of fellow cat lovers for an issue I've been struggling with for quite a while. About 5 months ago a momma cat and her then months-old kitten moved into our enclosed back yard. Momma seems to be stray rather than feral. Have looked after them ever since-food, water, set up some shelter in our unattached garage with access anytime they want it. Were it not for having adopted a stray indoor-only cat over 7 years ago who would not accept newcomers and an inability to afford more vet bills, I'd love to adopt these 2. They've bonded to me and vice versa. They love crawling into my lap for cuddles. However, I believe that ideally most cats would lead at least healthier lives if not happier ones as indoor-only pets. Our local shelter is reputedly no kill, but I fear the downside to sending them there-would they languish in cages? Would they ever get adopted? Momma cat seems frightened to enter a home while our cat was always trying to get into our house before we adopted her. The 2 cats don't seem to want to be separated. Would the momma allow herself to bond to another human? So, I struggle over what is best for them-to continue as is or get them to a shelter. What do you all think? Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts