Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.
I live in a Spanish speaking country. That has to be out there because the internet gives advice one way in English and another way in Spanish. We are trying a new vet for our cat, 5+ year old castrated tabby who has had minor urinary track problems.The new vet recommended cutting up bits of "acelga" and mixing it with the liver we feed him. We don't do things without investigating first... Guess we have trust issues. Acelga un english is Swiss chard. Google search says absolutely not good for a cat. Search "acelga para gatos" in Spanish and it says it is good for them????? This is not a language issue. We checked the pictures of both plants...acelga=Swiss card. Why the difference? Any insight on the matter would be greatly appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
26,401 Posts
It also translates to beets. Some websites even say beets and chard can lead to kidney stones. And, of course, other websites say beets are okay. I'm not really sure what your vet is thinking.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I would do a search on urinary issues on this site. I guess there could be homeopathic methods but urinary infections here are treated pretty easily with medicine unless there are additional complications.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.