Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im kinda confused.....I can't tell whether or not my cat has cavitites or what...He hasn't showed any signs of pain or anything..but i' get over worried sometimes :) ...anyways...I was tryin to take a picture of his teeth to show it ( I know im weird :D ) my camera died out on me right when i wanted to open his mouth... :/ His teeth seem fine ..no swelling nothing...but theres redness but i'm not sure if this is redness as in cavity or just regular ..it doesn't seem like its cavity but I wouldn't know...Even if a cat has signs of cavity or signs that they will be getting it soon...will brushin prevent it? It's so hard to take my cat to the vet right now since he just came back from being neutured and it wasn't such a good trip for him...don't feel like hearing him cry and scratch my arms all over to get inside his carrier... :/

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
o ya...and no bad breath either :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can someone give me advice... i checked his teeth while brushing and noticed no swelling the gums were pinkish and a lil darker before the teeth and they were all like that...and when they were touched he didn't even act like he was in pain..just annoyed by me ..i have to wait til next week to take him to check up so im kinda annoyed about it..I need some advic.. thanks.

·
Banned
1,014 Posts
I think it's fine. My cats with healthy teeth also have light pink gums going to a bit darker by the teeth. It would be a problem if they looked red and swollen. From what you've said, it sounds like it is fine. Also, the lack of bad breath is a good thing as it signals that Corey has a healthy mouth!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the advice! really appreciate it :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts