Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there such thing as a false heat cycle?

The last couple nights Zinny has been howling to get outside during the night, and claws at the window. Just now I petted her, and head/shoulder area is fine, but if I get anywhere past the first part of her back, she lifts her butt towards me and starts purring like mad!
I had her spayed last year!

I would just let her outside, since I'm afraid my dad will get mad at all the ruckus of her howling (and it annoyingly keeps waking ME up at night, too), but the raccoons have been on a rampage with attacking cats this year, so I'm afraid to let her out during dark hours. Once she's in at night, I shut the bedroom door, since the raccoons actually got into the house last week! (there's a hole in the screen door that the cats use, but the raccoons finally figured out to use it, too...and I don't have the money to repair it right now)

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Yes, spayed cats can experience heat cycles....it's rare but happens sometimes if some ovarian tissue is left during spaying. Good luck!

Here's one person's experience: Spayed Cat with Heat Cycles

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oiy!
I dunno if it's that, or she just wants out. Never done it before in the last year (and if I remember right, heat cycles are supposed to go every 6 weeks or somethin'?)
I can't blame her...it's nice weather, especially at night, and I would love to be out too, if I didn't have responsibilities and work during the day!
The ONLY reason I'm keeping her stuck inside is the raccoons... if it wasn't for that, I would let her stay out 24/7. I finally let her out at 5:30 today, an hour before sunrise. Maybe I should just let her come and go, and hope she survives. Zazzle and Tangelo have been doing okay, after all. (Disco and Vermy weren't so lucky, though!)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts