Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I open the front door the two ferals run to me meowing and hissing. I'm confused. I know they want the food I have for them but why both meowing and hissing?

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Conflicting emotions. They know you have food but they are still wary of you.

Nito used to do that when I first brought him Chica and Kovie (now lives with my sister). He would be playing with them, meowing and trilling but also randomly hissing. I think his mind accepted them, but the part of his brain that processed their smell needed to catch up or something.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Conflicting emotions. They know you have food but they are still wary of you.

Nito used to do that when I first brought him Chica and Kovie (now lives with my sister). He would be playing with them, meowing and trilling but also randomly hissing. I think his mind accepted them, but the part of his brain that processed their smell needed to catch up or something.

That makes sence, when Sailor Jerry first started letting me get close to him he would randomly hiss and run off and then as we progressed to petting he would be mid pur and then hall off and bite the crap out of my hand. Not anymore though, now any lovies are all lovies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts