Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was about to go to the shelter to get a cat today, but.... I found a kitten stuck under the neighbour's car!!! Apparently she was mewling all morning and they couldnt get it out so I had to get under the car and find her. Now it looks like I have another cat whether I want it or not lol. I'm not sure how old she is, the ears are erect, she can groom herself and eat solid food but she's so tiny and emaciated she can fit in the palm of my hand. I wonder if she still needs to drink milk... I've been giving her cat kibble soaked in water..is that ok

·
Registered
220 Posts
Cats and kittens certainly know where they can go to find refuge. :) Congratulations, for welcoming your new kitten. :eek: If she is eating dry soaked in water OK, then it may not be necessary to give her kitten milk. Since we do not know how old she is, being so emaciated, it may be difficult to adequately determine if she still needs mother's milk. One of the best ways to find if she still needs mama's milk is to watch her eating habits. How often does she eat? Once every 2 to 3 hours?. If this is so then it would be practicable for you to go to your vets' office or perhaps a large chain pet store and purchase some kittne milk. Administering instructions are mentioned on the package. Please keep us posted on her welfare and progress.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congratulations! :D
You did a wonderful thing!!!
I'd say that the kittie could be a month old.It's hard to say this way but I think that it would fit your description.

[One of the best ways to find if she still needs mama's milk is to watch her eating habits. How often does she eat? Once every 2 to 3 hours?. If this is so then it would be practicable for you to go to your vets' office or perhaps a large chain pet store and purchase some kittne milk]
-now,this is a good advice.I'd do so myself.
And of course do go to the vet. :wink: [/quote]

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Oh wow, what an unexpected surprise, how wonderful! Poor little thing, yeah, some kitten milk from the pet store would help at this age.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks lol she's very active and she can run quite fast! I'm thinking she's probably much older than I initially thought because she was so small. The vets appointment is fixed for tommorrow so in the meanwhile I dunno if I should get the milk because Mirri was already weaned at 4 weeks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts