Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I recently started fostering a mother cat and her litter of kittens, they are 2 weeks old. Three of the four of them have conjunctivitis in one or both eyes.

I have been treating it by wiping the eyes with a warm cloth and applying the little bit of Tobramycin I had left, but I just ran out.

The foster organization told me to buy pink eye treatment for humans (like Polysporin) from the pharmacy. I am dubious and wondering if they're just trying to save money.

I would really appreciate some advice from the community. Thanks!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Everything I've found says to not use the human stuff on cats. You can easily give too much and cause liver and heart damage. After a basic google search, nothing extensive, I read a couple articles that said to use amoxi-drops or Neosporin. Human meds are not formulated for cats and cats are very sensitive to a lot of things humans can use safely.

I also included a pic of a page from "the cat herbal" which I use in treating my animals when I cant get them to a vet right away.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
290 Posts
This should only be treated by a vet. Using OTC treatments is very unwise. Take them all to the vet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your answer and advice! I will try to convince them to set up a vet appointment and will stay away from OTC treatments in the meantime

1 - 4 of 4 Posts