Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I’m Cathy and I just moved to Sri Lanka with my fiancé. We adopted three cats from a local shelter here, and 2/3 survived. They all had the cat flu when we got them and the road to recovery was quite long, having to go get IV twice everyday for a while. But now the two of them are at their healthiest, vaccinated and neutered and I’m happy. But I’ve got to ask - my little cat, Ramen, has constant discharge from one of his eye and nose. We’ve gone to the vet several times about it and the eye and nose drops never work! Any ideas?
Thanks!
Cathyy

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
Hi Cathyy,

Aw, how great that you adopted the kitties!

So the eye and nose drops worked for the other kitty but not for Ramen? How long has this been going on? I assume the vet has tried different kinds of eye and nose drops, so if none of them have been effective, another cause should be investigated. Maybe it's not due to the herpes virus.

If the discharge is only from one of his eyes, I'm not sure it would be allergies, but maybe? Is there anything scented, like sprays, candles, etc. that might be bothering him?

If it is a herpes flare-up, you probably know that stress triggers herpes flare-ups, so keeping his stress low is crucial. Do the two kitties get along?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts