Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have suggestions on cookware? Have you tried Calphalon? If so, how long have you had it and would you recommend it?

Here's our story...
We registered for the Emeril stainless steel cookware because it seemed to have all the features we wanted. Fast forward to 4 months after the wedding... we dread cooking because of the cleanup this crap requires. The non-stick lasted about a month. They will never come completely clean, and they look like crap.

I contacted Bed Bath & Beyond because the cookware has a lifetime warranty, and BBB promises 100% satisfaction. They apologized for our unsatisfaction and told us to bring it all in, and we will receive store credit.

Now we have to decide what to replace it with. I've been reading reviews this weekend, but I just won't want to end up with the same issue 6 months down the road.

Any suggestions? Keep in mind, we have to stay within the budget of this cookware, and we are limited to what BBB carries. We simply do not have the funds for other options.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have the Emeril non-stick pan, and I love it! Stainless steel is sooo much harder to take care of. My mother received the Emeril non-stick set for Christmas, and she cooks on them at least twice a day. She has had no problems whatsoever with them. I also got a Calphalon pan for Christmas, but I haven't used it yet... :)

·
Registered
10,241 Posts
Are those the all silver pans? I got a nice Calphalon stainless steel pan and it was **** to clean. Certain things I can cook nice with but otherwise, the bottom of the pan would get really dirty and soaking it didn't do the trick. I'm looking for some nice non-stick pans too :wink:

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes. I've been reading about the importance of having certain pots made of particular materials for different things. Now I'm just trying to figure out what I need, instead of trying to get a pretty matching set.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I use mostly cast iron, Wagner and Lodge to be specific, which by nature is very high maintenance. For my non-stick I have Nordic Ware and some cheapy Mirro or something. Never had a problem at all. Cooking is my passion 8)

·
Banned
804 Posts
That T-Fal set with the Red Spot that is used by Jamie Oliver (naked chef) is apparently amazing. i cant afford to by anything other than the cheapo walmart set so its not a comment from experience. although it is a set im buying the instant i can afford it

·
Banned
2,449 Posts
I use Onedia 18/10 Steel series (I can only afford one pot and one pan so far, but I am working on it). I also use cast iron skillets. The cast iron skillets are almost impossible to wash so I just wipe it down with paper towels everytime I use them which actually makes them really low-maintaince.

I hate EVERYTHING from the Emeril line. They are all so crappy. I can't believe he is so popular. The man is a fraud 8O 8O 8O

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
catnip said:
I use mostly cast iron, Wagner and Lodge to be specific, which by nature is very high maintenance. For my non-stick I have Nordic Ware and some cheapy Mirro or something. Never had a problem at all. Cooking is my passion 8)
Oh wow, another one exists :lol: I have all my grandmothers iron cookware, to include a cast iron waffle iron and a lodge dutch oven, and love it. And, same again, I have something like a little mirror saute pan for non stick use.

Oh forgot to mention. There is one skillet out of the bunch, a #9, that can ONLY be used for baking cornbread. It is absolutely taboo for this piece to be used for ANYTHING else

....cause grandma said so!!!!!

·
Registered
858 Posts
When my mil moved in with us she brought along her Farberware. I bet she's had these pots and pans forever and they still look spanking new. I just started using the pots. I still like to stay with non stick frying pans. I have a couple cast iron skillets for frying, although they don't get much use these days.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I don't know if BBB (or anyone for that matter) still carries them but we LOVE our T-Fal Ingenio set. The handles come off so you can store the pots and pans like bowls nested in one another. Its a godsend for a tiny kitchen. I wish I had bought more when I first got them, but back then paying $70 for a pot and pan set was extravagant for me hehe.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Although I do have some basic stainless steel cookware which I use for a lot of things, I love my cast iron. I use that for almost all of my frying and definitely for pancakes and the like. Cast iron cooks so well. My favorite cooking item however is my crockpot. :D

·
Registered
263 Posts
Our t-fal set got a sticky, bubbled, film on them after a few months of use. No matter what we did, they would NOT come clean. They were easy to clean while they lasted, but I threw them away after the film appeared. The money you pay for a non-stick pan is pretty indicative of what you will get.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts