Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm having a very hard time coping because he was perfectly normal the day before and gone the next. I've lost fur babies before but they were sick and I had time to prepare for it. With Sammy there was nothing; and he was only 5. He was terrified of thunder, fireworks, and loud trucks. The night before he passed we had a terrible storm with thunder that sounded like a bomb over our house. He had run under my bed about midnight. I found him downstairs the next morning letting out 2 screams as I cradled him and he passed. I just wish I had answers.

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Ah....poor Sammy, sounds like he had a heart attack he was so terrified from the thunder storm. It's always harder to accept a pet's death that is so sudden without warning. It's happened to me too. Twice I've had cats die without warning, one was 17 yrs. Manx female, the other was 12 yrs.Devon Rex female "Alkitotle" Both were very close to me, and died some years apart, and returned to me briefly "in spirit" (one did 3 times). I asked "Alkitotle" to find me a new kitten with a "clear sign" that it was the right one for me. I visited several Devon breeders, and one kitten did seek me out on two visits, so I bought this grey and white male, "Fitty". He was solid grey with white on legs and face, but a week after I had him, I noticed a little white spot between his shoulder blades......a few weeks later is had the shape of an elongated heart! So I knew that was my "clear sign" Fitty was the right one. He is very lovable, tho he was a challenge when he often bullied my other old Devon male. He's settled down now. I truly believe that in the "spiritual world:" or "heaven" we will see our beloved pets again. This is my consolation. Prayers coming your way......All the best!

Reactions: sharkow53

·
Registered
290 Posts
I am so sorry for your sudden and wrenching loss. Know that Sammy knew he was loved by you, and had a good life. That's about the only consolation, and it doesn't help at first when you are in such pain and grief. I know how hard it is, been through it. Don't let anyone tell you to "get over it". Take the time you need to mourn. sometimes it helps to make a little memorial of some kind to the one you lost. Helps me, anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts