Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lint is doing the strangest thing lately...he's trying to BE woody. i guess he saw there was a market for more attention that he hadn't yet tapped :lol:

lint hasn't slept on the bed with me (or without me, for that matter) since he was a kitten. woody has always slept on my pillow with me, and likes to lounge on the bed during the day. the past week or so when i've gone to bed, lint is already on the pillow waiting for me. when i go to bed, woody is usually curling up on the pillow before i can even get myself situated. this is confusing woody to no end! now she hops up and looks at me like "what the heck is HE doing there???" she won't tolerate it though. she just stands on him until he moves :lol: he wouldn't budge last night though, so woody burrowed her way under the covers and curled up by my side. it is so weird, he even lays in the exact same spot and in the exact same position she would.

lint has never been known to fetch, but woody has always enjoyed a good game of fetch. she will only fetch with certain items though. preferably a milk ring, but a paper ball will do. lint has been wanting to fetch with her milk rings lately. this is also not going over well with her :wink:

he's taken over her bed and her favorite toys! i'm willing to bet she won't stand for it much longer :p

he's playing with one of her milk rings right now and she's giving him dirty looks from afar :lol:

anybody else have a copy cat?

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
That is so interesting. I have never had more than one cat at a time, so I have no personal experience. But I have always wondered if a cat would copy anothers habits.
We have joked that if we got a kitten Velvet would teach her all her interesting habits. Maybe it would happen! :)

·
Registered
454 Posts
My previous cat, Rom, taught my other previous cat to turn the light off in the hall. Originally the hallway had a conventional light that you switched on or off whith the wall switch. Rom had seen me switch it on and off, since she liked to spend time in the hallway. I eventually put a motion detector light in there, which required the light switch to stay on in order to detect the motion. Rom wasn't happy with the light coming on whenever he ventured in there, so he would leap up and strike the switch down. Sometimes it would take a couple of leaps to hit it just right.

When Merlin came to live with us, the motion detector light was already installed, so he never got to see how we controlled it. He did observe Rom leap up and turn it off when it would come on. It didn't take long for him to learn from him. The motion detector light didn't accomplish what we intended, since we couldn't leave it on, but we tried. I don't know if we kept trying to leave the switch on because we wanted the light to work, or if we left it on because we thought Rom and Merlin were cute jumping up and turning the light off.

·
Registered
252 Posts
That's pretty neat. I haven't noticed any of my copying any of the other really. They sure follow where each other go though. LoL!

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Those are cute stories, guys! Mia and Jack don't really copy each other I guess...but whenever they get a new toy or piece of furniture, Mia won't try it out until Jack does. She watches him to see if he's going to have fun, or if he's going to fall on his head. If he falls on his head she stays away...lol smart kitty. ;)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol my cats are like that with food. reeko is like "mikey". if they see him eat something and he doesn't spontaneously combust or whatever symptom they're looking for, they'll eat it too :lol: its funny to watch them sit around him and stare, waiting for the verdict.

the siamese cat (bizzo) i had for a while taught woody everything she knows. she was just a wee kitten then, and bizzo took over as mother. bizzo always slept on my pillow, i'm pretty sure that's where woody got the idea. she also had a habit of playing with her toys in the air. she didn't like to chase stuff on the floor, so she'd grab it in her mouth and toss it in the air and "juggle" with it! :lol: i see woody do the same thing quite often.

i've never seen anything like what lint is doing though. he slept on my pillow yet again last night. woody has given up and sleeps at the foot of the bed now. lint isn't nearly as courteous as woody when it comes to the pillow though. he kept me awake for an hour because it was bath time :roll:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts