Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting in July, some internet providers are going to start cracking down on 'piracy'. I accidentally found this out on 20 Minutes Or Less,on youtube.

Offenders will 1st get a warning,then on a 2nd offense be forced to make a 'pledge' (with a record kept of 'infringements'),then further offenses will result in your internet speed being SLOWED DOWN.

So,what constitutes an 'infringement'!? A funny Star Wars parody? A movie scene? A gag from a T.V. series? All of which can be found on facebook and youtube?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I sure hope my ISP doesn't harp on me when I make a crack about going to 'Java the Hutt' for a cup. (evil and expensive coffee place but only one within 10 miles that serves more than plain vanilla coffee)

Or that George Lucas would go after me for ripping off the name of his giant pet slug.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
It's an absolute joke. If it starts here, I'm getting my internets from Venezuela.

It's NOT just about copyright infringement either. They have the power to see every single site you've ever looked at.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You know what the end result of this is going to be? They're going to have to LEGISLATE the rights of netsurfers,and performers/recorders companies. To bite piracy,and boost privacy. I,personally didn't think it would come to this.

SO...what would be some options?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts