Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what other people pay for general wellness exams. I am looking for a new vet since I have moved to the north part of town. I found a place that is cats only that I like. Money is tight right now but I'd like Stormy and Justin to have general checkups sometime this summer. It is $40 at this place. That doesn't include any testing that I know of.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Well, my vet charges 32 dollars for a general exam, but I don't think that helps you because I am about 2000 miles away 8O

·
Registered
722 Posts
$60 plus any testing, shots, etc. Looks like im getting scammed! But my family has used this vet since I was a kid and were moving anyways /shrug

·
Registered
28 Posts
check up

I used to live in austin and went to Tanglewood Animal Hospital (in south Austin) and the exam fee was $32. However, I used to work at a vet when I was in high school in Dallas and our exam fees were $25. The best way in my opinion is to pull up the yellow pages and put in your zip code and call each vet to see what their prices are/what they're all about. I recently moved to San Marcos and actually took my cat to a new vet yesterday. It was one of the most pleasant experiences i've ever had at a vet. The exam fee was $35 and worth every penny. If San Marcos isn't too far away for you, let me know and i'll get you the information! Good Luck!!! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts