Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple questions. My cat just had her kittens July 10th. 4 of them.

1. At what age do they start opening their eyes?

2. When do they start moving around, as in more then a few steps, like to play ect ect.

3. Is there a way to tell if they are boys or girls? With them being that small.

4. Do you weigh the kittens regularyly?
I took their weight today b/c i was curious how much they weighed. two of them weighed 4 oz each and the other two where 5 oz each.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
572 Posts
1. At what age do they start opening their eyes?
Generally 7 - 10 days old.

2. When do they start moving around, as in more then a few steps, like to play ect ect.
The first 2 weeks they are really just crawling. Around 3 weeks they start taking steps but are wobbly, about 4 weeks old they are more steady on their feet..so watch out! hehe But the first week they really won't move all that much.

3. Is there a way to tell if they are boys or girls? With them being that small.
Yes. http://www.pawsonline.info/sexinga.htm

4. Do you weigh the kittens regularyly?
You can..I think it's a good idea to make sure they are growing. When Brown had her babies the first few weeks I weighed them daily or every other day to make sure none started to fall behind.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
TxnKats said:
[quote:7rlsiujx]4. Do you weigh the kittens regularyly?
You can..I think it's a good idea to make sure they are growing. When Brown had her babies the first few weeks I weighed them daily or every other day to make sure none started to fall behind.
[/quote:7rlsiujx]

I agree TxnKats, when Willow had her babies I weighed them every day and kept a chart so that I could see the rates at which they were gaining weight (and losing on a couple of occasions when they got upset tummies). I just popped them in the kitchen scales every day for the first five or six weeks and then weekly after that until about 6 months :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts