Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a section in one of the grocery stores that i go to that is meant more for the hispanic community (at least that is my guess because they have spanish and english writing on the wrappers) here and you'd think i just hit a goldmine :lol: Now i am wondering what cow tongue and tripe are considered when feeding raw, is it part of the meat portion or what exactly??? Now i have a place to get either chicken or beef liver/heart. They also had beef kidney along with some differant kinds of meat (lamb, goat, and duck).

I just need to know where tripe and tongue fall before i feed it so i know how to package the meat.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
laurief said:
Tripe and tongue are both muscle meat. Make sure it's green tripe, NOT bleached tripe.

Laurie
What about scalded tripe? They have that along with green tripe. I did get the green tripe though.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
I would stick with only green tripe. I would assume that anything that's been scalded has probably lost a good portion of its nutritional value.

Laurie

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Honeycomb tripe comes from further down the digestive tract. It's fine to feed your cats as long as it is uncleaned (green). If it's been cleaned (which it probably has), don't bother. Cleaned tripe has probably lost much of its nutritional value, and it may have been brined in the cleaning process. Your cats should not be eating brined meat. Ask the butcher if the honeycomb tripe is clean or green.

Laurie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts