Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it so hard for people to just admit they don't know what they are doing???????? In this case, it really wouldn't be bad. We have 2 somewhat new employees who were put on a project that they have NO ZERO ZILCH experience in. It would be unfair to expect them to just jump in without some sort of learning curve, in all fairness this is really not a beginners project.
But they just WILL NOT admit that they don't know what they are doing. They've made it very clear they want NO help or suggestions from people that actually have experience with what they are doing (there's about 3 of us).
I swear they are trying to do things differently than the others who do this in our lab just to be able to figure it out for themselves.
But what's worse is they are lying about how things are progressing!
It really wouldn't be any of my business (I usually just pretend that their stuff doesn't exist-incubator, what incubator there is no other incubator in here other than mine!) except that when the boss finally catches on to what is going on, he will most likely have me take it over. That is bad for 2 reasons,
#1-I don't want to do it. I've already done my part of the project which involved coming in 7 days a week for 3 months. I don't want to do it again. This coming weekend is the last weekend I have to come in. I'm really looking forward to having weekends to myself again! (they're part of the project is basically identical to mine, just a different cell line)

#2-that would just cause too much friction if they get taken off to have me do it, I really don't think they'd take it well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts