Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an anecdote to share, as it made me laugh this morning and might help brighten someone else's day, too.

Mara, during the first course of antibiotics for her UTI, started pooping outside the litter box as well (I think in revenge for being medicated, which she hated). So when she started going back to the litter box after the first week, we were all praise and "yay!" and treats when we would see her use her box.

Well, this morning, *after* medicating, and *after* feeding, at a time when she usually just likes to be alone to groom or sit in the window, I heard the pawing-at-litter sound...then a minute later heard her pawing at the linoleum in the kitchen. Worried that it might be her "burying" after peeing in the kitchen, I got up and hurried over...only to see a clean floor and a very pleased-looking cat, who immediately flopped on her side in "praise me, pet me!" mode. I asked her what she thought she was doing - and then it occurred to me to check the litter box. Sure enough, she had pooped in her box, and then made the right sounds to bring the human to the kitchen to give her treats for it. >.<

I probably shouldn't encourage this behavior, but it was so **** cute I just couldn't help myself. So she did, in fact, get her treat.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Wow! good kitty! and smart cat! :yellbounce

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Hehe, I love how smart they are at training us. And how they know to be cute to get what they want. I remember from this forum that Mowmow did a similar thing after an illness, he'd want a treat each time he peed, or something like that.

My Princess used to be attacked by Prince, so she'd let out these horrible yowls to alert me to come save her (he's about double her size). I'd drop everything and come be with her until she'd calm down, all petting and treats and what not. Nowadays he doesn't attack her anymore, but when she wants my attention quick, she makes these heartwrenching sounds again. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.