Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 5 or 6 year old cat that I got from the Humane Society when he was a kitten. He had made ear mites and now I think he is deaf. He can hear loud noises but that is all. He also is crosseyed. He was never extremely people friendly but ever since we moved across country he and 2 of our other "rescued" cats are very afraid of people and they never used to be like this. All three hide under the bed and never allow people to touch them and run away. They only like the dogs. Anyways, this male cat I have is very mean unlike the others. He doesn't have claws but he does have very sharp teeth and attempts to bite anything that comes near it exept what it likes. I think this cat is crazy but I'm not sure what to do. Anyone have any advice for me about this cat? :twisted:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hmmm.

It appears that perhaps your cat, from what you said, might be deaf. Perhaps this is a cause for him to be intimidated. Before, he probably could hear "danger" long before it ever came close, but now he is probably constantly surprised and intimidated by everyone and everything around him. If anything, I mean, I really don't know, but you should probably comfort the cat, make him feel secure...
Cats are not mad...they can be traumatized, though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts