Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted before about my kitten Tasha who is VERY VERY scared of DH. She's also quite nervous of everyone during the day. I've been trying and trying to get her more socialized. Last night DH had a friend over (who, poor thing is allergic to cats) and Tasha slept with him all night! :yikes

So...

Any suggestions on what to do with our cat? :lol:

She obviously needs so more socialization but should I do more to try and socialize her when it's dark?

Should I block up all the windows to confuse her and think it's night time? :lol:

She is very slowly getting better - I moved her tree so it's right behind me during the day so she had to be near me if she wants to eat; that seems to have helped allot.

Thanks for the help guys! It's greatly, greatly appreciated around here.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Get DH to be the "God of the Food and the Clean Litterbox." It made a huge difference in the way the cats and dog view him.

When my son goes out of town, we cat-sit Captain (his rescued cat). She hides under my daughter's bed most of the time she is here, but she has a window to look out of when she wants and our cats & dogs are kept out of there. She will come out for the food. :lol: Any time, any food.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah, have DH be in charge of food. If he is loud or has a deep voice have him change that around the kitten for now. Do not come from above to pet the kitten, be down at his level. Have DH also play a few minutes a day with him, nicely, without too much noise. I had growing up, a kitten that would hide in the rafter in the basement for two days if the doorbell rang! My 15 year old cat that I have had since a tiny kitten has always been a scaredy cat. Only now the past 3 years does she come around when people are over. Over your kitty will adjust, just don't force the issue too much.
kristy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts