Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Krissy, how/where did you find, to check your address?
I don't see a place...
Thanks!

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I scrolled back (using the scroll on my mouse) so it showed the US and then zeroed in on my state, town, street from there.

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Ah Ha! Thanks Krissy!
This is a "kinda' creepy" site!
It does show how photos can be tracked...

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hmm, yeah that's a little bit creepy, No pictures listed for me but several listed for houses down my street and it's only a small street.

I noticed a lot of "photo removed by user" so I guess there is a lot of people creeped out by this.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
This is creepy and I thought this was illegal to use private information in this way, whatever the reason. I have to check we are not on when I get home and can use the Ipad.

·
Registered
223 Posts
That's the thing, Legally it's not private information, The locations are acquired from the Exif data that your camera embeds into every picture it takes. Once you post the pictures online they're then scanned for this data and pinned to the GPS co-ordinates found.

Creepy, but I suspect perfectly legal in most countries.

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's legal. The creator used cats as a way to show how easy it was to access information on people.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Crazy, but no cats anywheres in my neighbourhood or nearby neighbourhoods! Which is strange considering all the cat pictures I see

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
When I checked, nothing on any of mine, or our neighborhood!
A couple were listed a few short miles away...
Of course I don't post on FB, Twitter, etc!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts