Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

my dog is trying to eat this cat. i have to lock the cat in the windowless bathroom to keep it away from the dog (i live in a small one room studio apt)

this is no life for a cat. i really need to find a foster home for it ASAP.

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

its is FLV- and 8 months old.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh and all the shelters i ahve called are full.

i ahve not called the kill shelter but maybe i should...i dont know....i dont want to thats for sure... :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes i submitted one to petfinder, and on craigslist. and put flyers up.

im totally in a bind. can anyone even just foster him?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Have you tried to work with your dog - in order to calm him down some?
I have had cat agressive dogs and I just worked with them until the cats ended up sleeping on top of them. One was in a pin - belonged to somone else. The other one was abandonned and worshipped me since I took him in (I worshipped him too - I miss him so much that it hurts). I told him no (to chasing the kitty) several times and apparently it worked. We had a very strong bond and that might have helped a lot. Can you take your doggie for classes where they teach you how to deal with this situation?
I am sorry this kitty has so much trouble - he is so sweet!
I hope everything will work out for the best for you and him - please keep us posted!

ps - Let's call him by his name - it would be more polite towards the kitty since he is the hero of a thread!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Hey there. Have you tried making some cool artsy flyers emphasizing his sweetness and kitten-ness and posting them at local pet stores, coffee shops, your apt. bldg. lobby, at school, etc.? Maybe give him a name for the flyer, to tug more heartstrings? I like Harvey. :)

Best wishes for you, True, and the cat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts