Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody! :D I wanted to ask you opinion on my cats' behaviour. He's a three year old neutered tabby who's a strictly indoor cat due to a medical condition. Whenever we take him outside on a leash he panics and struggles to get back inside.But for the past two days he's been beside the door crying as if he wants to get out. When we've taken him out he just stays in our arms and doesn't do anything else.He does this late at night or very early in the morning (5.45 am today!) We have a good luck rope from India hanging on the back of the door that he's been using to swing out of.If anyone has any idea.........? Thank you xx

·
Registered
55 Posts
Cats, or at least mine, tend to be more nocturnal animals. They don’t want to go out during the day that much, but at night they go crazy. Maybe they just like how peaceful and quite it is at night and the early morning. You can try taking your cat outside during this time, just be careful -- they like to run away the first few times.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately both my boys have medical conditions which mean that they can't be outside.Orion has a congential diaphramic defect,where his diaghram goes from his hip to his shoulder,dividing his thorax in two.So none of his organs are where they should be and he has very limited lung capacity.He's an indoor cat because of this and we're in outdoor "therapy" on a harness but he hates it.But we've discovered the reason for the nocturnal crying.Our neighbours got a new tom which is allowed outside and which we suspect Oreo can smell him but thank you for taking the time to answer my post :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts