Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What he's been doing a lot lately is, meowing at me, as if to tell me he's hungry, and then when I put him in the bathroom with some chicken thigh chunks, he rubs against the wall, looks at me, and doesn't eat it. He's been in there with the meat for 15 minutes and hasn't touched it. What's up with him?

He refuses to eat liver in any way from chicken or turkey.

He has never been to the vet since I adopted him almost 7 months ago.

·
Banned
952 Posts
How often do you feed chicken? Cats have a biological imperative to eat a variety of animals and they can get pretty persnickety when they don't get that variety.

By the way, I just realized I never responded to your post with Luke and Cubby's weights, so here are those calculations:

Luke : 12 lb. 10 oz.
Percent to feed: 3%
All weights are in ounces.

4.85 Meat, skin, etc.
.61 Edible bone

.30 Liver

.30 Other organ
6.10 Total food to feed per day

Per Week

33.94 Meat, skin, etc.
4.24 Edible bone
2.12 Liver
2.12 Other organ
42.42 Total weekly food calculation

Cubby : 8 lbs. 11 oz.
Percent to feed: 3%

3.34 Meat, skin, etc.
.42 Edible bone
.21 Liver
.21 Other organ

4.17 Total food fed per day

Per Week
23.35 Meat, skin, etc.
2.92 Edible bone
1.46 Liver
1.46 Other organ

29.19 Total food calculation

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

He did eat that chicken thigh meat. I do feed chicken thigh often, as it's a good source of taurine, but maybe I feed it too often. Cubby does eat Cornish Hen with back that has kidney in it. Luke will eat liver any time.

Thank you for the calculations.

I'm going to take the boys to a new vet one of these days, or when they need a checkup. This man has been very helpful to my neighbor with his cat and 2 dogs, and he sent me a Christmas card, that I was impressed with. :) I think he'll understand that I no longer want any vaccines for my 2 cats.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts