Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My cat, Emmi, has never had a single flea. The dog has fleas (in fact we can't seem to get rid of them) but not Emmi. We haven't taken any flea prevention measures for her.

I did a bit of googling, and couldn't find any information pertaining to flealess kitties. Is this heard of? My biology professor said it may be some enzyme in her skin that fleas don't like. He also said I should patent it :roll:

Here's her pic - doesn't really help with the flea issue, but I like to show her off :D

Any information is welcome! thanks...

Adam Litchfield

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
First of all - good point with showing off Emmi - she is adorable - she looks so cuddly! Where is your doggie though? :roll:
As for the fleas I think you should use some sort of prevention just in case. I use Revolution for my kitty - and that protects him not only from fleas but also heartworm and ear mites.
Angel Zoo is right Frontline is popular as flea control for doggies and it should work. Come back and tell us how it worked!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will give frontline a try... thanks

I guess I should mention that Emmi used to be an outdoor cat for almost 2 years (I have since wised up) - wouldn't she have picked up fleas outside? Is it possible that she's just been extremely lucky? ;p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts