Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
5,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be playing in my first public roller derby bout this coming Sunday (help!) and, as part of my 'boutfit' I asked one of the refs if he could decorate a derby helmet for me.

This is what he came up with. Recognise anyone?

·
Super Moderator
26,433 Posts
Can't see the picture, but I'm guessing it's the Tobster....

·
Banned
5,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey wEnglew! Wotcha doing on Sunday? Want to come and watch some derby action? :p

·
Super Moderator
26,433 Posts
Wow! Very cool!

I wish I could watch the game in person!!

·
Banned
5,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There may be a few piccies of me taken during the bout - I'll post them if there are. To say I'm nervous at the moment is the understatement of the year I have to say ....

·
Super Moderator
26,433 Posts
I think once you take that first step onto the track, your animal instincts will kick in. :grin:

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
Awwwww! I love that helmet! How sweet is that???

Good luck, and have fun! Just remember to breathe, and those nerves will turn into "cool, calm and collected..."

:) Fran

·
Registered
243 Posts
No plans yet for Sunday, as hubby's been a bit sick with a cold. He's feeling better though, so we might come out. Where is it? Not sure if you'll have time to answer, it's pretty late already. If not, then we'll totally be down to see the next one! :)

·
Banned
5,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well we didnt win (not even close) but I had a lot of fun. Spent most of the day feeling sick beforehand though!!!

My next game is on the 4th December - in Helsinki of all places. I've never been to Finland so it will be an experience (a very cold one no doubt)

Piccies coming up. Just look for the girl in the Tobester helmet. Shouldn't be too difficult to spot ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts