Cat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Share some of your stories of your kitty doing cute things!

This morning, my alarm went off and I was having none of it. I hit snooze button to get ten more minutes of sleep. Nito is used to my alarm going off and me immediately getting up and feeding him first thing. So of course he got all excited when he heard the alarm. But then... what the heck? Mommy was still sleeping!

Well, anyways, I woke up ten minutes later, and opened my eyes to find him sitting right there by my face, quietly staring at me. As soon as he saw my eyes open, he tilted his head and little and went: "Mrrreew?" *blink blink* So with a groan I got up and got out of bed, which sent him flying to my door and out into the hall way, singing the whole way.

Then he followed me, skipping and meowing happily at my heels as I walked upstairs to feed him. Later, when I was sitting on my bed to pack my bag of junk that I bring to work, he came back down and climbed onto my lap to give me chicken flavored kisses :luv

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
Awe! That is just the sweetest! I especially love the description of "singing" as he ran down the hallway with you.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hehehe, it is pretty sweet. He's so vocal, he's always speaking his mind. Now if only he could hold a tune... He's got a little bit of siamese in him I think, just from my comparison of his voice to the voice of a meezer.

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
I think my Shasta does, too. She is a talker, she can get sort of whine-y, too. Usually she is just talking to me and agreeing with how I'm petting her. She also has the kink in the last joint of her tail.

I need to get some video of my kitties doing the cute things:
Shasta talking and conversing.
Shadow giving me "high fives".
Malibu trying to catch her tail or giving my nose kisses.
Louie and Floofy playing chase/wrestle.
Former feral Pretty giving me snuggles.
BooBoo giving head-butts.
S-Jo crying when she carries her milk-ring toy.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Same here, except as soon as i bust out the video camera, my cats all stop what they are doing and either run away or stare at me with a snotty look on their face.

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Oh yeah, that's a given. All cuteness must cease whenever the electronics come out.

On Murphy's third and final visit to me in bed this morning (this time at about 4:00 a.m.), he purred so loud that he went into the pigeon coo. That was the first time I had heard that sound come out of him! It's amazing they have these repertoires that we don't even know about.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pigeon Coo! That's a good way to describe that sound. I know exactly what sound you are talking about. Little Rusty gets to into his purring that he makes the coo on every intake of breath.

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Right, it definitely sounds like a pigeon. When Murphy did it this morning, I thought of it as an "extreme purr." Is that how you're interpreting it too?

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
I always called that a trill-purr. :p I love it when Arianwen does that. :heart

Earlier this afternoon I was out with Arianwen, and the ****-hound next door started barking its empty head off. That always makes Arianwen nervous. She went to the door, putting her hand out, asking me to open it. So I stooped over to pet her, and softly told her, "It's alright, baby, you don't have to stay out if you're scared.". She looked up at me then, gave me blinkies, and very softly said,"I love you!" to me.
That was so sweet. :luv

·
Registered
12 Posts
I definitely know what you mean about when the electronics come out the cuteness goes away. Every time I try to snap a picture of Wezley doing anything precious he looks at the camera then turns away from me and won't look at me again till I put the camera away.

Last week though he did let me and my boyfriend capture some cuteness. When we meow at him he usually looks at us with a 'you must be insane' look. We were recording him and trying to get him to look at the video camera but saying his name, clicking our tongues, whistling, shaking treats-nothing worked. So my boyfriend meowed at him and apparently he'd had enough b/c he turns around with this irritated look on his face, went "mrroowwww" then turns back around and goes to sleep. It just melted my heart and I know he was finally telling us 'hey I'm not an idiot stop trying to "talk" to me' lol.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Charlie has decided that all the catnip toys must be carried from one room to another ... as he carries them, he howls ! Its so pathethic sounding and its not cute anymore as I have to pick them all up!

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey, at least he doesn't growl! Nito came into my room the other night with the Da Bird attachment in his mouth. He was growling, and it woke me up. I thought a murderer was in the room. Turns out, he was just playing "lion" as I like to call it.

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Tonight is "garbage night" here, and before I took the garbage out, I asked Arianwen, "Honey, is that porch light off?", pointing in the direction of the light in question. In answer, Arianwen looked at me and clearly nodded her head for "Yes". She wasn't grooming, so it was not just a chance up and down motion.
That was not only cute, but amazing!
My smart kitteh has language! :heart :heart
:kittyball

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:heart I'd love to stroke Arianwen, just once!

Hehe, Nito was sitting by the back door today, staring longingly outside. I knew he wanted to go out, and he was irritated that I wouldn't let him. But I had to leave for work, and when he goes out, he always runs really far into the yard and it was snowing! I was talking to him saying:

Me: "Nito you want to go out but you just can't! Look at you, so cute there by the door."
Nito: *mildly annoyed glare*
Me: "Nito, am I annoying you?"
Nito: Mrrreww

I took that as a yes.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Lucy does this cute little silent meow. When I'm on the computer, she's usually on the bed behind me. If I turn to talk to her, even if she's dozing, she does this silent little meow every time you say her name, no matter if you say it 10 times! It's just so cute, like she's saying hello to you.

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
OwnedByACat said:
If I turn to talk to her [Lucy], even if she's dozing, she does this silent little meow every time you say her name, no matter if you say it 10 times! It's just so cute, like she's saying hello to you.
*smile*
I love 'talking' to Shasta. As long as you keep talking to her, she keeps up her end of the conversation:
Hello Sassafrass.
purr Meah. purr
How are you?
purr Mengeow. purr
Would you like me to pet you?
purr Meah-ha. purr
Do you like that?
purr Meah-ha-neoowww. purr
Really?
purr Meh. purr
Tell me all about it.
purr Meaaaoow. purr

I had a horse for four short months (she died after a freak accident) and everytime anyone (me, neighbors, friends, meter-reader) stepped into her view, she would talk to you. If you spoke to her, she would keep whinnying and nickering to you. Chiquita was a neat horse.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts