Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I bought one of these at Petco a few weeks ago and have had no success with this...even with my fearless cats. Has anyone else experienced one of these toys? If so, what do you think about it.

By the way, I think it's the most obnoxious thing ever! Who invents a toy for cats that SCREAMS "nah nah, nah nah, nah nah" grrr! Then it's eyes light up green and it moves in circles or sways back in forth. It's so annoying, I think the cats even think so. They both look at it for a second and leave the room.

G

·
0 Posts
I got one of these at Walmart. The cats hate it. My dogs chase it around and try to kill it. My rottie has managed to crack the side of it.

It is very annoying so they don't get to play with it often.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's horrible isn't it?
That's funny that your dogs chase it and Bear cracked it. I'm sure ours would have too. She hated stuff like that. (We lost her to cancer last month :cry: )

I don't turn it on much. Every once and a while I'll walk by and turn it on for them thinking today might be the day they actually play with it...but i listen to one or two cycles of that thing and have to turn it off because it annoys me.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Nice to know...I was thinking about buying one. Mine love to chase stuff so I figured it'd be perfect...guess not if it scares them half to death!

·
Registered
821 Posts
We sell this toy at the pet store I work at......honestly I can NOT understand how that can interest a cat! It mostly attracts little kids that come into the store, then they try to convince their parents to buy it because they like it! I think it's pretty useless to a cat.

·
Registered
99 Posts
it looked kinda bad on the store shelf so I didn't get it.

I am interested in getting one of those tiny remote control cars since they move fast, I can control it, and there doesn't seem to be too much noise. anyone got one of those?

·
Registered
560 Posts
I think it might be a bigger success with a small kitten. I know my adult cat wouldn't give it a second glance... nor would he any other toy - that's why I never get him anything. My kitten would probably have a blast with it - after he got over his fear of it (he is such a coward that he runs from all of his new toys) hehe. I think it's weird that it makes noise though - maybe to get their attention? I would personally like it if it were quiet. I think they have remote control mice like that... things that you can control. My boyfriend was about to buy one... but I felt like our kitten had enough toys to last him forever... but maybe I'll break down.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We have a kitten too and she also hates it. She puffs up and arches her back and then leaves the room.

Remote control mouse...that sounds really cute.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts