Cat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my barely 1 yr old kitties are chubby (b/c i seems that i fed them kitten food too long). i just go da bird toy in the mail and they seem to be going NUTS about it. tyson is still PANTING over running around after it (it's sooo cute, by the way, b/c as soon as he catches it, he starts growling like a puppy who doesn't want to let go!). they just ran around my apartment chasing it for about 15-20 mins and he's panting up a storm! talk about cardio exercise for a kitty! i think it's going to do some good around here... thanks to everyone for the suggestion.

hopefully he won't get too addicted to it... looks like i have to buy refills since he's already broken it on the first day!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I want one too! Is there any company that ships outside the US and that doesn't charge and arm and a leg for shipping (usually the shipping cost is so ridiculous compared what it really cost to ship something)??

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Where can you buy it? Are there any stores not on the internet that sell it or do you have to buy it online?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I have Da Bird and our cats love it (espec. Yoda). I couldn't find it for a long time... Then I found it in one Pet Value branch store (I haven't seen it in other branches). The price is very good too. The whole thing costs around $10 CAD and the replacement around $3.00 CAD. I think it's a good price!

·
Registered
192 Posts
i thought i saw one of these things at petco... a little wand like thing with a feathery thing at the end

is this different?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Petra, maybe someone on here in the U.S. could order an extra one and ship it to you and you could pay them for it?
I would do that, but money is tight right now, so I won't be getting this toy just yet. It may have to be for the next kitty event. :D But anyway, when I am ready to buy it, I'll let you know if you want to do that or maybe someone else could help you out.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
shlanon said:
Petra, maybe someone on here in the U.S. could order an extra one and ship it to you and you could pay them for it?
I would do that, but money is tight right now, so I won't be getting this toy just yet. It may have to be for the next kitty event. :D But anyway, when I am ready to buy it, I'll let you know if you want to do that or maybe someone else could help you out.
Well, if someone has PayPal it should be a breeze to fix the payment, just transfer through them. So let me know of someone could do it for me (check out prices for postage etc).

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Petra,

I think I've found one that may ship internationally... the manufacturers themselves!

http://www.go-cat.com/

or I found this site as well:
http://www.woofandmeowshoppe.com/dabirdcattoy.html

and those were the first 2 I saw when I googled "da bird".

Price them out, see which one comes out to be cheaper, since shipping will likely be a big portion of the cost.

Good luck and happy birding~!
-- Brite

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
i looked up that woof and meow link and the shipping doesn't seem too bad for international.

Also, I noticed that for those of us in the U.S. they will ship for free if we want to purchase toys for our favorite animal shelter. That's so nice!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I bought Mammers a "Toy Shoppe Teasable" today, a plastic rod with bungee cord that attaches to a feather. It was only $9.99 Canadian at Petsmart. After a few cautious minutes from him he really got into it and we had a great play session. If this turns out to be something he really benefits from I'll splurge for Da Bird.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Success!!!!

Apparently the company is trying to market a new model of "da bird" that is a two piece rod instead. This for making packages smaller on shelves as well as easier to ship.

I did email the people at go-cat.com and found this out. I've now ordered a "da bird" with 3 replacement packages, all for the sweet price of $18.10 USD including shipping (the shipping was $1.60 USD). Sure beats the shipping of $16.50 USD!!!!

So keep your eyes open, "Da bird" will come in two pieces soon and easier to ship.

I'm such a happy puppy!!!

Why do I all of a sudden feel like a tv-commercial? :D

·
Registered
192 Posts
inspired by this thread, i went ahead and bought da bird from catconnection. i received it today.

i thought my kitten was a naturally lazy one who wouldnt budge much to play... but wow da bird really gave her an adrenaline boost or something... she goes nuts over it!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah, it's crazy, isn't it? Tyson went nuts over it, and still sits at the base of the shelf that I store it on... looks up and meows for it each night. We don't give in all the time -- don't want him to get addicted to it. However, it does give him quite a workout, which is good since he's getting a bit of a belly :lol:

Petra -- I'm so happy you were able to get such a great shipping deal... hope you, Sam & Suzy have fun with it!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Thanks!! They emailed me and said they would ship it the day after our email conversation, so I guess the package will arrive late next week (giving it about 5 business days). Can't wait! :D

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I'm amazed!! I emailed the company the 17th (they said they would ship it the day after) and TODAY the package arrive with Da Bird.... across the ocean, all the way to northern Sweden!!! Excellent service!

Here's the proof the guys loved it (now they are sleeping under blanket, all exhausted):

1 - 19 of 19 Posts