Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had never heard before that they have 2 kinds of feathers and that the turkey are lower quality.

1. How can you tell which one you're buying? I haven't been able to find anywhere on the internet photos of both, or they look completely the same.

2. Is the difference big? In what sense?

3. If anyone wants to use this thread to comment / praise / critique other Go Cat products, please feel free to do so, I'm interested.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Right now it looks like a whole flock of birds were massacred in my office there are so many feathers around! I find it is less about the type of feathers and more about how well the toy is put together.

Saoirse played with her first feather toy (ToyShoppe Playables) until all the feathers were gone and it was down to a nub (lasted 3 weeks). I went out and bought a set of the same brand so I could re-use the pole (the type where the "bird" is attached to the pole via a chain of metal beads). It came with a 6 piece set of attachments. One toy is made of multicolored streamers which kind of scares her so she won't play with it. Another is a mop-like affair which leaves bits of fluff behind every time the cat catches it- she wasn't very interested in it and it made a mess so it was retired. Then it came with four feather toys and was she ever excited about those! One was a feathery tail made up of 3 inch long fine feathers. This left a trail of feathers when we played with it so it was retired too. That left 3 feather toys she loved but two of them broke (the chain that connected the bird to the wands broke in the middle so the toys could no longer be attached to the wand). That leaves just the smallest of the feather toys left. Guess it must be her huge Maine **** paws.

I think we had da Bird for our other cat. That is the one where the feather toy spins in the air when you move it? I should probably look around for one of those.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts