Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so we got the guys a real DaBird toy for Christmas, complete with an extra feather replacement. They loved the feather toy we got from Target, but it had very unrealistic bright blue feathers. They demolished that one after a week or so. They kept asking to play with their feather toy. So fast forward about 3 weeks and the real thing arrives from Dr. Sterns and Foster. We couldn't wait till Christmas to give it to them. So we had several great play sessions with DaBird. This is by far their favorite toy. They do things I never knew they could do (jumps, spins, etc.) Well, while we were eating the other night we hear a crash from the other room. Dad's up and off to investigate. What follows is what I found:

What was that noise?

Oh no........the horror

A poor innocent dragon fly ornament had to lose its tail...........

How did this happen? Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....

There he goes.......

Of course we forgot to lock the door before we went to bed that night. Duh. They managed to break one of the feathers on the wand in half. I wish I had pics of them actually getting the wand down from its *old* hiding spot. I am sure it was a tag team effort too.

We were hiding it here........ behind the lip of the shelf.

Later that night, Kathy hears them at something in the closet. It turns out it was the bag that the extra feather head was in.

Oh no............., say it isn't so ...........
yup.......

More gruesome pics...........

How they did it..........

So are they spraying these feathers with pheremones or something? I remember reading on the back of the package tag something about locking it up after playing, because they could "destroy the house looking for it". I remember thinking *something* about the cheesy marketing. Well I stand corrected. My name is Bryon and this was a true story.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK - so let's see if we can figure our who it actually was........

Coco thinks to himself..."Don't look right AT the camera.......keep from raising hand."

Dad asks "Coco did you get the DaBird dowm from the hiding spot?"

Coco responds with a quick head turn left.......

.....then a quick head turn right...........

......indicating a clear NOPE, not me. "C'mon copper, you K-N-O-W who you need to check with.........." offers Coco.

"What? You have to be kidding. No way I pulled that one off. Ask him about the closet bag", guffs Wittle.

But in all fairness, how can you stay mad at them? I am laughing myself as I put this up this morning. Have a good day everybody.

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
I loved the story and the cat shaking his head no. Now I'm starting to think Da Bird is laced with something. My cats go crazy too :lol:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kitkat-

I think that the first pic of Coco in the 2nd series reminds me of your Twinkie. I even saved that photo on my computer at home with the name Coco as Twinkie.jpg. It was just the way he was laying there with his front legs and hands all stretched out.....sphinx style.

·
Premium Member
9,137 Posts
Laughing out loud. It couldnt be him it was the dog next door. This is circumstancial evidence. HEs being framed I tell ya! :lol:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Our kitties have one of those feather on a fishing pole toys -- they too go nuts for it. Its ripped apart already and the feathers won't rotate when pulled through the air anymore -- need to buy some more.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts