Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier today I took Arianwen outside for a little playtime. I opened the back door, stepped outside, and suddenly, to my left, there appears the unsocialized pit bull from next door, snarling at me, preparing to eat Arianwen. 8O
I quickly ushered my scared kitty in the door, and whipped out my (large) pocket knife, growling,"Come and get some!", at the cur. :evil:
About that time, the owner of the four-legged piece of excrement called the animal in. I yelled to the guy, "You should tie your dog up before something happens to him.". Without a word, he took the hound inside his house.

I went in to join Arianwen, and make sure she wasn't too upset. She was fine, except that she has been very, very affectionate the rest of the afternoon.
And at one point, while I petted her, she softly made an imitation of a dog's bark, and lightly nipped my hand, then kissed and licked the spot where she nipped, and gave me blinkies.
I believe she was thanking me for saving her from the dog. But the exact translation eludes me, which is unusual. I can usually interpret what Arianwen says to me, but not this time.
At least I got the gist of what she said. :heart
:eek:rcat

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
John, you were her knight in shining armor! I'm sure she feels extremely safe around you.
I think I would like to see a picture of you waving a pocket knife at a pit bull! Must have been pretty scary.

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Honestly, the only thing that entered my mind was protecting Arianwen.
I'm sure if I had given more thought to it, I'd have run inside, too. :roll: :lol: :oops:

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Wow John..........you are Arianwen's hero! Glad you didn't panic, and handled the situation so well.

Honestly, I carry a big pocket knife with me to, you just never know when you need it for something!

I have to wonder though, John, doesn't your county have any laws against aggressive and dangerous dogs? I would certainly think that would apply in this case, and if that dog is that aggressive that it's coming to your front door, that owner should have that thing on a leash when it's out.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
she softly made an imitation of a dog's bark, and lightly nipped my hand, then kissed and licked the spot where she nipped, and gave me blinkies.
My Translation
she softly made an imitation of a dog's bark: "That Dog"
and lightly nipped my hand: "tried to hurt you!"
then kissed and licked the spot where she nipped: "I'm sorry he did that, but you saved me!"
and gave me blinkies: "I love you"

:luv After hearing so many Arianwen stories, that is what I would imagine her saying through those actions. Such a sweet kitty.

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Both Marshall County and the city of Guntersville have leash laws, Geri, but Guntersville Animal Control is totally lame when it comes to enforcing the law.

Rach, I have been considering what Arianwen said, and I reached the same conclusion as you.
I really feel lucky to have adopted such a sweet, smart kitteh! :luv
:eek:rcat

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Janesville, WI has CAT leash laws. Strangely enough, dogs go off leash all the time, but the local officers enjoy nothing more than picking up unleashed cats. They drive around slowly and when they spot cats they try to lure them in. Elfie is way too friendly and comes running, especially when they wave treats around. He's been "arrested" 4 times! :dis Luckily, our other cats follow the law and stay in the yard, plus they would never be caught dead by one of those po's!

John- we are all truly lucky to be blessed with our feline companions! Especially you and Arianwen. And, Nito will feel left out if I don't say this: I am truly blessed to have found him at the humane society. He's my angel :angel just like Arianwen is yours!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts