Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I recently took my Cat Sammy in for a checkup and found out that he had yeast infection in his ears that I had been treating. I clean them regularly and they seem to improved quite a bit. His blood tests came back good and the Vet said he didn't have any serious issues to worry about which was good. He is a rescue. He does have a constant hacking that he's had since I got him a few years ago not sure if it is allergies to a food or not and the Vet didn't find anything abnormal. But what worries me now is that his two ears have recently developed dark spots on the outside and inside of his ears. I included a few photos and both ears are pretty much identical. I am praying it is not a sign of cancer and watching to see if the dark spots increase in size. They are not scabby at all and he does not seem to be bothered by it. I heard orange cats can develop marks because they are light skinned but has anyone ever heard of something like this? It is sunny, he is indoor only and maybe it's just his coloring changing? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
I am not sure if I am seeing the dark spots you are concerned about. Maybe ask your vet, better than you worrying. I sure hope the cat is okay. My guess is the cat is ok but i am not a vet! Maybe even email those pictures to the vet. I would add arrows pointing at whatever it is you are worried about in the photo.
I am more concerned about the "constant hacking". What does the vet say about That?
Have you tried various foods? Is it hairballs? Is it worms? Worms can cause that.
Has he ever been given some revolution to ensure he has no worms?
I gave my cat some revolution recently for ear mites and don't you know? he pooped out a worm. I had no idea. Poor little thing.
Maybe try a new vet and find one who is more concerned about a cat who has "constant hacking".
?
There are vets that can come to your home, too. who knew? they are awesome.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not exactly the same but one of my kitties who is suffering from scratching (I suspect allergies or sensitivity to something), had a similar appearance on the backside of the ear. Does he seem to scratch at his ears? Another pet in the home he may be roughhousing with? Or is it an after effect of the yeast infection? This wouldn't solve the cause but Vetericyn seems to solve weird skin issues (diluted hypochlorous acid). Keep us posted, please. Hope you find an answer soon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts