Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmm, what am I supposed to do with this?

Wait, it's better with catnip...

Man, I loooove catnip.

The dog always has to horn in.

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Daryl is Such a Cutie!! Great pictures! :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all. Yes Heather, he's gotten a lot better. He still doesn't like it when Daryl rubs against him, but he doesn't mind the snuggling now. Daryl is very respectful of him. He won't even play with Barney's bushy tail, and I can tell he's dying to :D

·
Premium Member
7,855 Posts
I love to see cats and dogs enjoy each other - even from a respectful distance! Daryl looks so handsome and that is one snazzy looking scratcher! Is the cardboard insert replaceable? I've never seen one quite like it. Coco's favorite scratcher is an incline scratcher too.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Daryl's feet are especially soft. I love to caress them in my hand and he just lets me do it. He's the sweetest cat ever and he's so good. I can't believe no one else snatched him up.

I can't remember if I told his story here. When I went to Petsmart to look at the cats, some older ladies were looking at Daryl and were all set to adopt him. They opened the cage to get him out, and he shied away a little, understandably. They lost interest and started looking at another cat. Daryl lifted his paw towards the cage bars as if to say "hey, come back!" When the ladies left (catless) I went to his cage and he put his face against the bars so I could rub it. I just melted. How could those ladies walk away from that? I knew he was "the one." :)

Marcia, it's called a SmartyKat Scratch Inclined, and the inserts are refillable. I got mine at Menard's but I'm sure other places have them. The only problem is the platform piece keeps sliding off when Daryl is using it. I think a dab of wood glue will hold it in place.

·
Premium Member
7,855 Posts
Darly, I understand perfectly what you mean by not understanding why some cats are not snatched up. We have a pair of teen brothers in the back that are just too adorable - they use soft paws (no claws) and let you touch them all over. I showed them 3 times yesterday to prospective adopters but no one seemed very interested. These guys are SUPER sweet and I would not hesitate sending them home with toddlers but they were not chosen. I was amazed they didn't fly out the door yesterday!

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Ooh, he's so adorable! I love how carefully cats approach new objects - and then once they've decided that the objects are good, they just don't let go. :D

Well, the little old ladies' loss has definitely been your gain. :) When I adopted Celia, the woman at the shelter said she was so sweet, but people kept passing her by because she wasn't rubbing up against the cage or meowing or trying to attract attention. That was my gain. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts