Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case you're making a late trip to the forum, I wanted to remind the US members to turn the clocks ahead tonight. I guess Spring is really here now. I'll enjoy the longer days. I hope some of them are sunny!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
yeah i forgot this morning. I slept in till 8:15a.m.(yes that is sleeping in for me because during the week I have to get up at 4:15a.m.) and now to wake up and know it's really 9:15a.m.!!

My boyfriend is still asleep ...i think he forgot too..but since we have no where to be I will be nice and leave him alone. Although it is really sunny out right now!!

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Yeah, I totally forgot but probably for a better reason: this is the first time in FORTY years that the entire state of Indiana has had to change their clocks. :(

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
emrldsky said:
Yeah, I totally forgot but probably for a better reason: this is the first time in FORTY years that the entire state of Indiana has had to change their clocks. :(
If I may ask, what brought about the change? I have known, being your neighbor in Ohio, that Indiana does not observe DST. But was this in response to the extension of DST that will take effect in 2007? Did the federal govt want Indiana to comply with DST? Or did the Indiana legislature just decide to observe DST? I am curious...

·
Banned
12,194 Posts
That's next year, when we go to extended DST.

Note to forum members: you need to reset your time zone in your profile. It doesn't automatically reset.

·
Registered
997 Posts
coaster said:
That's next year, when we go to extended DST.

Note to forum members: you need to reset your time zone in your profile. It doesn't automatically reset.
You're kidding..........RIGHT?! I've reset something on the order of 60 freaking clocks around here as it is already. :lol: :lol: I'll be danged if I'm gonna go reset clocks ONLINE TOO! :lol: :lol: FORGETABOUTIT!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Clint...are you my dad? Because if you are not you sure act a lot like him. It's uncanny..not to mention that it's scary that there is someone else out there as demented as he is. I mean that in the best way possible....really.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Donaldjr1969 said:
emrldsky said:
If I may ask, what brought about the change? I have known, being your neighbor in Ohio, that Indiana does not observe DST. But was this in response to the extension of DST that will take effect in 2007? Did the federal govt want Indiana to comply with DST? Or did the Indiana legislature just decide to observe DST? I am curious...
From what I understood, each year for the last few years, "they" kept trying to pass a bill through the state government to have Indiana observe DST and this was the first year they "snuck" it in and was able to get the bill to pass (instead of it being thrown out like it had before). So, now part of the state is EDT and the other is CDT. And there were small parts of Indiana that have always observed DST (NW and SW corners of Indiana observed CDT). I grew up in NW Indiana so I really don't have an excuse for forgetting. :oops:

·
Registered
997 Posts
manitu22 said:
Clint...are you my dad? Because if you are not you sure act a lot like him. It's uncanny..not to mention that it's scary that there is someone else out there as demented as he is. I mean that in the best way possible....really.
Last I looked I THOUGHT I was one of a kind Buuuut, if there is SOMEONE ELSE out there like me, I have just 4 words to say to them...."I pity da foooool" :lol:

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
coaster said:
That whole thing confused me when I joined the Cat Forum and now you're telling me I have to change it?? Help!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts