Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cat has just been hit by a car and killed. The bastards just drove off leaving her there to die. A neighbour found her still breathing but it was too late when she arrived at the vet. I dont know how i am going to get over this, I miss her so much. And i cant believe the behaviour of the bastards that hit her. Ill never forget her.

·
Banned
410 Posts
I'm so sorry about your kitty. :cry: I don't see how people can be so cruel to just take off and leave. They could have stopped and tried to find the owner. There are also people that are mean enough to hurt animals purposely. I will never allow my cats to go outside--there are way too many jerks that don't have respect for animals. I hope that if you ever get another cat that you'll keep it inside, too. There are many kind people here that will give you support--so I hope that you'll come back. Once again, I am sorry about your precious kitty.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I am really sorry about your kitty, Brendan. May she rest in peace.
I know it is extremely hard to deal with losing her in such a way especially. Just like Kittygirl says, I hope you will return here and we will try our best to give you support.
ps Just as you won't forget your kitty I am sure she will always be with you in spirit..in someway

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Welcome to the forum, sadly...

This is so heartbeaking to hear about. Did you actually witness this or just find out about it afterward? So sad either way.

If you choose to get another cat in the future, please keep it inside where it is safe. You can get a kitten from a shelter and bring it up indoors. If it does not get a "taste" of the outdoors, it will most likely be content living inside and will not feel a need to get out.

There is a current thread on this forum that speaks about this subject.

Again, so sorry for your loss. :cry:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i won't be getting another cat, mushka was special and i don't want to risk losing another cat. I also think it is mean to keep a cat cooped up inside all their lives - they need to get out for some fresh air, and to mix with other cats. I couldn't get another cat and not let it out, so therefore i am not going to get one. We have budgies here and that will have to do.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Everyone says they wont get another cat, but they always do(well usually)So im sure you will get another one. Also it isnt cruel to keep cats indoors, its actually pretty good as they will be more protected from desieses and parsites such as fleas and ticks and other things that are not good for cats. Also i think you will find that another cat will help you alot. But thats my opinion. Thanx

·
Registered
242 Posts
Everyone says they wont get another cat, but they always do(well usually)So im sure you will get another one. Also it isnt cruel to keep cats indoors, its actually pretty good as they will be more protected from desieses and parsites such as fleas and ticks and other things that are not good for cats. Also i think you will find that another cat will help you alot. But thats my opinion. Thanx, and sorry for your loss!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Yes, many cats live full happy lives are are never let outdoors. I would always recommend getting 2 littermates (which, in hindsight, is what I wish I would have done). Both cats will always have a companion and a playmate.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
I'm so sorry about your cat. I know the pain is hard to take, but giving a kitten or two a home-especially when you know you've saved their lives- is very helpful in getting over such a terrible loss. I'm afraid the roads are just too busy now to let a cat outside, unless you build them an enclosure with a top. That would be a lucky cat. Peace.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'm incredibly sorry about your poor cat. :cry:
I can understand how you feel angry about the people just driving off, but they probably didn't even notice. However, they should have been going at a reasonable speed in the first place.
Well, my thoughts are with you.

·
Registered
75 Posts
i am so very sorry to hear about your kitty. i understand when you say that your mushka was so special; it must be hard to imagine loving another cat. perhaps later on you will consider adopting a kitten, but for now you need to grieve for the one you just lost.

that is an awful story about the hit-and-run. i can only hope the driver didn't realize, but i have a feeling they knew they hit something.

again, give it time. and if you do adopt a new kitty, consider making it/them 'indoor' cats. i have two and they are very happy.

my thoughts are with you!

·
Registered
12 Posts
brendan said:
i won't be getting another cat, mushka was special and i don't want to risk losing another cat. I also think it is mean to keep a cat cooped up inside all their lives - they need to get out for some fresh air, and to mix with other cats. I couldn't get another cat and not let it out, so therefore i am not going to get one. We have budgies here and that will have to do.
I really do know how you feel. My Basil was lost to traffic a couple of years ago. This is a busy one way street, and it was inevitable it would happen sooner or later, I suppose.

Like you I am uneasy with the thought of keeping a cat permanently indoors, I have to work so it would be on its own for hours at a time. I have decided to forgo the privilege of being owned by a cat until I am in the position to move to the country.

My sympathies to you Brendan, please believe you will come to terms with your loss in time, and I bet you have many wonderful memories.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Thats just aweful. People are so selffish and sick. I don't understand the harm in stopping to at least say sorry man I didn't see her it was an accident. They won't get in trouble for doing that. It's such a shame. I'm sorry for your loss. I hope you find peace in your heart through this.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts