Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, so my beautiful cat passed away 3 days ago and the vet offered me a lock of his fur which I accepted, I was wondering what would happen to it after time and if anyone had any tips on how to preserve it and make sure it looks the same,
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
731 Posts
I don't know how to preserve it but I have kept some of my cat's fur, rabbit's fur, and two of my cat's whiskers. I have had them for a year and they're still good.

·
Registered
290 Posts
First, my deepest condolences on the passing of your cat.

I have fur from my beloved cat who died in 2007. It is in a ziplock bag and is still perfect. I don't think you need to do anything special except keep it in that bag.

Actually, I had some fur in a little leather bag that hung from my rearview mirror. The bag ultimately disintegrated but the fur inside was still OK. Mashed up a bit, but otherwise fine. Fur lasts a very long time, pretty much forever, as long as insects and damp don't get to it and it is not in the sun.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great thank you so much, I’ll make sure to keep it in the bag that it’s in currently and it should be fine :) sorry for the loss of your cat aswell

1 - 4 of 4 Posts