Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am cooking for a tailgate this weekend. My cousin and her husband are bringing the meat and chips (BBQ beef & chx). I am supplying all the sides: baked beans, hashbrown casserole, deviled eggs, and dessert.

I want to do brownies for the dessert. I'm just going to use a mix b/c I have plenty to do.

So, which box mix do you recommend?

And, most importantly, what are your suggestions for what to use and how to decorate them?

I want to write a message on them! hee hee. "RIP Red Raiders" written in purple. Should I put a frosting on the brownies and then write the message? What's easy to use to write the message?

I bought a little pastry bag with tips for writing.

Any help would be great. I am doing my shopping after work tonight!

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Oooh, neat! I like the Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge brownies best, personally. For decorating, I'd get vanilla frosting and tint it with the desired color food coloring. I'd just write out what you want to say. If you frost and then decorate, just remember, a lot of people don't care for brownies with a lot of frosting. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I ended up finding this neat white spray that you can put on cakes, cupcakes, and brownies. It gave the brownies a ghost-like look to them which was perfect for the message! Too bad the game didn't go the way we wanted. It will be our first season without a bowl appearance in 12 years. :(

The hashbrown casserole was a hit! I made a double batch, and it was gone in 20 minutes!

Actually, everything went over well. The only leftovers were the beans, and my cousin's husband jumped at the chance to take them home.

I love cooking for people!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts