Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I take step aerobics twice a week, and I'm considering adding another class into my schedule because I can't get in a routine at home. There is a deep water aerobics class that isn't too far from my house, and it runs four nights a week (pay for each time you go rather than monthly), so I can easily add this class in. Anyone tried deep water aerobics? If so, did you enjoy it/benefit from it, or did you think it was a waste?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
never have tried it but it sounds great! I would do it if given the opportunity. I actually am thinking about switching to the gym across the street because it has a large indoor pool. I miss doing laps.

·
Registered
998 Posts
They use it A LOT for people that have had knee and hip surgery. It's not so much for building muscle but rather to build endurance.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I used to take regular water aerobics and have on occasion done deep water aerobics. You actually do get a good workout. I have a phobia of deep water, so I didn't enjoy the times we did deep water aerobics and the notion of my feet not touching bottom. :lol:
I'm sure you will enjoy it. Give it a whirl.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I used to do deep water aerobics before we moved, a few nights a week. Despite my fear of deep water, I loved it. They give you a belt to make you float (although a handful didn't use it - extra workout). Surprisingly, it's a great workout. But it's one of those that you get what you put into it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts