Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kipling trying to get up close with our turtle, Riley. He has been a little nutbar the last couple of days!

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually Riley wasn't at all fazed, he's 9 1/2 years old and is pretty used to other animals. I happened to have the camera in my hand when I was passing through the living room, took a quick picture and got the Kipling out as I was worried about the heat lamp. He is just one of those cats who is constantly curious. :)

·
Registered
829 Posts
Is that cat in the tank??

BTW- I LOVE your turtle. Turtles are so cool. I use to have a couple. :) When we are driving down the road, if we see one on the road we stop so I can put it off to the side. There are so many sickos out there who'll run them over just for the heck of it. UGH. :(

·
Registered
534 Posts
Yeah, umm.. is he IN the tank? He's not behind it because I can see the wallpaper behind him and he's not in front of it.. I don't think..Very cool pic!

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, he's definitely in the tank. The Kip is just one of those cats who gets himself into one predicament after another. We have a built up section of bricks and flat stones for Riley to sun himself on under his heat lamp and that's what Kipling was laying on. I've kept the lid shut since and Riley has been displaying his unhappiness by banging his shell into the glass.

Whiteghost, I think turtles are great too. I do think they shouldn't be captive but he would never survive outdoors, too many predators and he's used to having his breakfast served. One of my daughter's friends gave him to her for her birthday nine years ago last February. He's very much a people type turtle and loves attention.

·
Registered
377 Posts
:lol: Those turtles can bite - aks my forefinger, he knows. :wink: It can be very painfully. Be careful, little Kip! I hope, Kip don´t want to play with Riley. The turtle will be under stress for a while, but then it seems normal to Riley. :wink: I think it will be better, Kipling won´t visit Riley anymore.
Sounds like you have a little Horst, too... :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think the Kip is in the same league as Horst but is certainly a little character. He spends his days getting into as many scrapes as possible and then yowls for help. His days of visiting Riley are over but they do watch each other through the glass. So sad. :(

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yep, he's definitely in the tank. The Kip is just one of those cats who gets himself into one predicament after another.
Gotta give Kip credit for finding creative ways to keep himself entertained!

I have to admit though, when I saw full moon in the subject I half expected to see a picture of little kitty behind mooning the camera. LOL :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts